What sort of process improvement did you find after E-Visible started managing your engineering PO?
I would like to take this opportunity to thank and appreciate you all for the great job done after taking over the operation from PO to delivery, especially in the import category.
Actually, we have been facing many more challenges and spending a significant amount of time in that specific job role for years and have identified it as a non-value-added activity with the potential to use that time for strategies and process improvement by focusing on the core of the procurement role.
So, I would like to mention the results and process improvement of that initiative in brief as follows.
- Time saving / job efficiency:
- We were able to increase our work efficiencies by eliminating particular non-value-added time slots
- About 30-40% time saving
- We were able to absorb the additional workload in the crisis situation without adding new resources
- On time Payment:
- We have been facing many more challenges in the import payment process due to document misplacement, especially CUSDEC and AWB/BL.
- We were able to centralize the document submitting process, especially in the import-related payment process.
- This team was able to submit the set of documents like CUSDEC, main vendor invoices, AWB / BL, etc. to the accounts payable division.
- These auxiliary vendor invoices, duty calculations, condition amendments in the POs, etc., etc are managed very well.
- Therefore zero complaints from the main vendors and auxiliary vendors about their payments.
- Delivery Follow-up:
- This team was able to follow up on the deliveries from the PO, by coordinating with the respective suppliers, identifying the freight decisions, and planning the deliveries.
- They were able to update the respective tracking sheets in a standard manner and ensured accuracy.
- With that, we were able to like those tracking sheets and developed Power BI reports and improved the work visibility.
- However, the local delivery follow up process is yet to be further improved and hope the particular team will be able to meet the targets, by overcoming the challenges.
- Shipping Desk, Customs Clearance, Banking Process:
- In the crisis situation in Sri Lanka, the SL government has changed the import payment process and it is very dynamic and changes from time to time.
- Since our Shipping Desk operation is also managed by the same team, E-Visible teams was able to coordinate the same with minimum hassles to Nestle teams.